Thursday, February 5, 2009

#2-Pants on Fire

Liar, liar, pants on fire. Okay, so this is an old quote said by many of the immature people of the world, but this quote is a big part of Pants on Fire by Meg Cabot. Pants on Fire entertained me with the book's great use of comical material.

Meg Cabot has always used a writing style I enjoy reading. She writes many of her books with comical material. This is the case in Pants on Fire. Many of the characters have sarcastic wit, while others are just downright hilarious. Katie Ellison, the main character, is one of those others. She is constantly talking to herself and claiming "something is wrong with her". After all, though, she is the biggest liar ever.

The theme of this story is lying only makes matters worse. Katie has told so many lies that she is having trouble keeping them all straight. I am surprised she was able to keep her two boyfriends straight. Yes, I said two! How many lies can Katie tell before she finally bursts? Or can she just keep telling lies for the rest of her life with no regrets? I am not going to tell you, so read the book! You know you want to know!

Now, I am not trying to give the plot away, but a guy comes back into to town. According to Katie, he is "only back for revenge", but for what? Like I said before, READ THE BOOK!

I would definitely recommend people read this book. Once I started reading Pants on Fire, I could not put the book away. I might not recommend the book as one guys would enjoy reading. The book should be a for sure for all you females out there, though!

No comments: