Friday, September 19, 2008

Sci-Fi As A Genre Of Choice? NO THANKS

After reading The Time Machine by H.G. Wells, science fiction is not a genre I would pick unless assigned or highly recommended to me. The genre just does not interest me.

I have a hard time relating to the action taking place in a sci-fi story, and most of the time, the story is difficult for me to follow. The references to other events are sometimes ones I know nothing about. The setting and actions taking place within a sci-fi story are often hard for me to imagine because of their complex creativity.

Also, just like in The Time Machine and many other sci-fi stories, the story's ending leaves people hanging or takes many series to come to. I would rather read a story which has an ending that leaves me satisfied.

On the other hand, if I have to read a sci-fi story, I will, while understanding the story to the best of my ability. In addition to that, although The Time Machine was not as satisfying was I would have liked, the book was somewhat interesting and would be a good read for some.

1 comment:

Tammy Gillmore said...

Please check your spacing between each paragraph...too spacey!

What sci-fi novel would you recommend?