Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My Life In Quotes

I have recently finished "The Seven Habits Of Highly Effective Teens" by Sean Covey through Habit 6. Only one more Habit to go! Yay! :) I titled my post "My Life In Quotes" because I have a tendency to relate my life to quotes I find, and since this book is filled with them, I have found many I can relate to or like.

Looking back at all of the quotes throughout the book, the quote by Basketball Olympian Deborah Miller Palmore, found in Habit 6, has come to be my favorite so far. In this quote she said, "Even when you've played the game of your life, it's the feeling of teamwork that you'll remember. You'll forget the plays, the shots, and the scores, but you'll never forget your teammates."

Habit 6 is about synergy and working well with others. I can relate to this quote because I play basketball. I know how well you have to work with others in order for the game to be successful. One person cannot be too conceited in thinking they are going to be able to win the game by themselves. Basketball just does not work that way. The game takes a little work from everyone. That feeling of teamwork just gives me a rush in knowing I had others to help me. I will never forget any of my teammates, but I may not always remember the stats of the game.

Life is the same way. Working with other people just makes tasks easier because everyone helps in the success. You are not in this alone. When something is too hard for you to finish by yourself, someone is out there who is willing to help you. Take advantage of the help because tasks are a whole lot easier to complete with the help of others.

No comments: